PUSD State-funded and Head Start Preschool Registration InformationPoway Unified School District offers FREE State-Funded and Head Start preschool classes for children income eligible households.
Open Enrollment for 2023-2024
Request Form (Wait list) will open April 3rd, 2023 for State-Funded Preschool.
Please allow for up to 10 business days after completing the Registration Request Form to receive your initial contact from the PUSD Preschool Department.
The introduction of Universal TK may affect your child's eligibility for our Preschool programs. If your child will turn 5 years old between September 2, 2023 and April 4, 2024, he/she is eligible for Transitional Kindergarten. Please contact the school directly for enrollment information or visit the district website Learn more about Universal TK here.
2023-2024 Preschool Program Year Birthdates:
- 4 year old Preschool-Date of birth between 4/3/2019 to 4/2/2020
- 3 year old Preschool-Date of birth between 4/3/2020 to 4/2/2021
Three Year old's Birthdate on or between 9/2/20 and 4/2/21 may enroll -- start date will be determined upon enrollment. Priority will be given to 4 year-olds; if a class is full, children will be placed on a wait list.
Income Eligibility for State-Funded Preschool:
Eligibility for enrollment is based upon State-Funded & Head Start Income Criteria.
To be eligible, a family must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Family is income-eligible based on state and federal low income guidelines
- Family is a current recipient of aid (TANF,SSI,SNAP)
- Family is homeless
- Referral from Child Protective Services
- Children with Disabilities (Exceptional Needs) *Based on a referral from Preschool Assessment team
Head Start/State-Funded 6-hour classes require eligibility of both State and Federal income guidelines. State-Funded 3-hour classes require eligibility of State income guidelines only.
Click on the following links to see if you qualify:
Registration Information 23-34
1 - STEP ONE: REVIEW CLASS OPTIONS
Part of the State-funded Registration Request Form requires you to select a Preschool Class location. You may choose more than one. There are six locations for the State program and all classes meet Monday through Friday.
- Head Start/State-Funded 6-hour classrooms (three hours on Thursday) at Los Peñasquitos, Pomerado, Sundance, Valley Elementary and Del Norte High School
- State-Funded 3-hour classrooms at Del Norte High School and Valley and Rolling Hills Elementary schools.
2 - STEP TWO: SUBMIT REGISTRATION REQUESTThe State-funded Registration Request Form provides basic student information and a choice of preschool class [see Step One]. Complete the form to enter your child's name on our registration requests list. Please provide all information requested. If space becomes available, you will be contacted with further instructions
3 - STEP THREE: INCOME EligibilityYou will be contacted via email when a space becomes available for your child. An application will be sent and contains a list of documentation needed for eligibility. At this step we will be verifying your income criteria for eligibility, you will have to be able to provide some form of income verification (Examples: pay stubs, cash aid, CalFresh, Section 8, pension, unemployment, child support, self employment declaration). We will require recent income documentation from past one month for each adult in the household.
4 - STEP FOUR: ENROLLMENTOnce you have been selected and approved for our program you will receive a link to register (sent to you via email)
- Send copies or photos of birth certificates for all the children under 18 living in the household
- Copy of child’s immunization record. Immunizations must be complete to register for preschool. Required Immunizations for Preschool: 3 Polio, 4 DTaP 1 MMR on or after the first birthday, 3 Hep B, 1 HIB on or after the first birthday, and 1 Varicella. See Immunization Guide in English or Spanish below.
- Proof of Residency (driver's license, any utility bill or bank statement with your name & address, lease/rent receipt, etc.).
- Adobe Scan (Download Adobe Scan iOS App) (Download Adobe Scan Android app)
- Abbyy Fine Scanner (Download Abbyy Fine Scanner iOS App) (Download Abbyy Fine Scanner Android app)
- Genius Scan (Download Genius Scan iOS App) (Download Genius Scan Android app)
- ScanPro (Download ScanPro iOS App) (Download ScanPro Android app)
- CamScanner (Download CamScanner iOS App) (Download CamScanner Android app)